Top 5 Items for Long Haul Flights
My friend asked me last night what my top 5 travel items were. Then we split it into two Top 5’s – one for flights, and one for general travel.
So here’s my top 5 must-have items for flights:
- Black Diamond Women’s Access LT Hybrid Hoodie – I always freeze on planes so this jacket that folds into it’s own pocket is a life-saver every time. And if the plane ends up hot instead of cold, then you can use it as a pillow. I bought mine from Backpacking Light in Melbourne (Australia) and I wear it ALL the time.
- Socks (mine are either SmartWool or Bridgedale) – same reason as #1… to warm those freezing feet. Tip for Aussies – I’m usually all for buying locally, but at $30 per pair… hmmm well say no more. My friend gave me a tip that it can be cheaper to buy socks from overseas even including the postage – try Cotswold Outdoors.
- Fess Eucalyptus Nasal Spray – I always have problems with painful ears in planes and this is the best solution ever! I use the spray when I first get on the plane, and then a couple of hours before landing. Plus – it doubles as an anti-bacterial to keep the nasty plane germs away.
- Laptop or phone with any required cords for charging and earphones – for entertainment of course. I can NEVER sleep on a plane so I need something to kill the time. Note for those with a macbook with that weird charger cord (USB-C) – you’ll need to bring a spare battery pack that connects as this mac wont charge on usb.
- Battery Charger Pack – for charging up my phone and laptop when they run out of juice.